- 27-Jan-2017 to 28-Jun-2017 (CST)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
We are seeking highly-motivated entry-level to junior software engineers who are passionate about building great systems. We desire candidates with strong problem-solving, critical thinking and communication skills as well as excellent programming chops.
The main focus of this position will be the hands-on development of new features for our options market making system built on the .NET platform. The system has enough variety to challenge and interest anyone an information-dense user interface, a high-throughput, low latency parallel computational core, server components, interfaces to exchanges, market data sources, and execution systems. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute at all levels of the application stack.
Our whole business runs on the systems we write, and we are dedicated to agility and continuous improvement so that we can make them better every day.
- Expertise in an object-oriented programming language C# preferred
- Solid understanding of concurrency, parallelism and synchronization
- Enthusiasm for adopting agile software development practices
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues across different functional units and locations
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related applied science
- Passion for writing efficient and clean code
- Experience writing automated unit tests
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and API's
This position is located in New York City or Chicago - we will not accept applications for those interested in working remotely.
Group One Trading, LP is an equal opportunity employer.
About Group One:
Group One is a leading specialist and market maker in equity options. With over 25 years since our founding, Group One has grown into one of the largest, privately held options trading firms in the United States. We maintain a floor presence in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Philadelphia and we have specialist posts in New York and Chicago. Our traders provide competitive liquidity across a broad range of securities by managing portfolios of several hundred issues and simultaneously streaming quotes across multiple exchanges. Our Trading Applications Development group provides a diverse set of software for electronic trading, quoting, and trade analysis that is the lifeblood of our business.